Data protection information of the “Scribbn data donation”
Responsible party in the sense of Art. 4 para. 7 DSGVO: Christian Klasen, Ahornweg 50, 63741 Aschaffenburg, Germany.
Contact person: firstname.lastname@example.org
This data protection notice informs you about the purpose, type and scope of the data collected and processed by us as part of the Scribbn data donation. The overall “Scribbn AI training” system comprises the Scribbn data donation app (hereinafter referred to as the “app”) as well as the Scribbn backend server on which the data of all participants is analyzed and modeled. This means that personal data is processed not only by means of the App, but also by the backend server.
We take the protection of your personal data very seriously and work in full compliance with the applicable data protection regulations. The following paragraphs inform you:
- for what purpose the data is collected,
- what is the legal basis for the processing
- how long we keep the data and where it is stored,
- what personal data is collected via the Scribbn data donation,
- that no data will be passed on to third parties,
- what rights you have as a user and how you can exercise them.
- Purpose of data collection and processing
- The provision of the data supports Scribbn (hereinafter referred to as “Scribbn”) is to train a machine learning algorithm to correctly analyze voicemails and voice user data. All data are processed pseudonymized.
- From a user perspective the purpose of the app is also to provide a service to transcribe and translate voice messages to text, analyze them in sentiment, keywords, emotions and .
- It is expressly noted that the app does not provide any medical advice or individual diagnosis.
- Consent to data processing
- The processing of data is based on your consent to the processing of special categories of personal data for the above-mentioned purpose (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a and Art. 9 para. 2 lit. a DSGVO).
- Scope of the collected data, storage location and duration.
- We process the personal data of the users of the Scribbn data donation mentioned in item 4 for a specific purpose and in accordance with the statutory provisions.
- Which data is stored for the purpose is stated in Clause 4. At no time does Scribbn directly store identifying information such as name or address. Only the data mentioned in Clause 4 will be stored.
- By installing the Scribbn app on your mobile phone, you allow Scribbn to retrieve the sound files you provide, process them, and store the data mentioned in Clause 4.3 for the above purpose.
- Your personal data will be deleted as soon as the purpose of the data collection and processing mentioned in section 1 ceases to apply, but at the latest after 10 years. Until this time, your data will be stored pseudonymously on a Scribbn server. In accordance with Guideline 17 of the “Guidelines for Safeguarding Good Scientific Practice” of the German Research Foundation (as of September 2019), the storage of data is required for up to 10 years. Only the evaluation results are published for research purposes in aggregated and anonymized form, which does not allow any inference to your person, and permanently stored in a scientific research database of Scribbn.
- If you no longer wish to use the app, you can delete the app from your end device. Data that has already been included in evaluations and published at this time can no longer be retroactively removed from these, as it has only been included in the evaluations in anonymized form. Due to technical circumstances, the complete deletion of data can take up to 30 days. The specified deletion period of 30 days refers to data storage in backups. In the active system, the data is deleted within a maximum of 24 hours, usually much faster.
- To revoke the release of your data, simply uninstall the app.
- Retrieval and storage of personal data
The following personal data is automatically sent to the Scribbn server and stored there:
- voicemails including spoken texts:
1. forwarded actively by user from social media messaging apps like WhatsApp, Telegram or others.
2. forwarded actively by user from Apple voicemail box oder Google to Scribbn app
The specific expression of the above variables is available in the FAQ under the question “What data is retrieved?”.
- Data transfer to third parties
- We treat personal data as strictly confidential and do not pass it on to third parties.
- Scribbn data donation does not transmit any data to analytics services such as Google Analytics or social platforms such as Facebook.
- Data security
- We restrict access to data transmitted to us to those employees who require access for the provision of services. These are contractually obligated to comply with the statutory data protection provisions.
- The app was developed by technidoo solutions UG, Ahornweg 50, 63741 Aschaffenburg. The AI algorithms are designed and provided by Cognidoo UG, Ahornweg 50, 63741 Aschaffenburg. Bot are operating the app, IT infrastructure and AI algorithms on behalf of and on the instructions of Scribbn (order processing).
- To protect your data, extensive technical and organizational measures have been implemented (e.g. firewalls, encryption and authentication techniques, procedural instructions).
- All data is securely stored on Microsoft Azure cloud services in Western-Europe.
- Data are processed by cognitive services provided by Microsoft, Amazon AWS, Google and others. The services are running in EU.
You have the following data protection rights according to Art. 15-20 and 77 (1) DSGVO:
The right to request information about what data has been stored about you and to have it corrected or completed if it is inaccurate, the right to have the personal data concerning you deleted or restricted for processing, and the right to receive the data you have provided in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format.
You can assert these rights for as long as the data can be assigned to your person.
The right to revoke your consent at any time without giving reasons with effect for the future and to stop using the app without any adverse consequences for you.
The right to complain to the data protection officer of the responsible party (see above) or to the respective supervisory authority (The Federal Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information (BfDI), Graurheindorfer Str. 153 – 53117 Bonn, +49(0)228-997799-0).
I consent to,
- that my personal data required for the purpose of using the Scribbn data donation, as described above, will be collected, stored, processed in the form described above and evaluated together with the data of the other app users,
- that for the purpose of using the Scribbn data donation, my personal data will be transmitted to Scribbn in pseudonymized form
- that the evaluation results will be published in anonymous form, which does not allow any inference to my person, and permanently stored in a scientific research database of Scribbn.